Monday, January 30, 2012

Simply Home Decorations


.


Supplies:
Frame with glass (from Target)
Armour Etch (Hobby Lobby)
Stencils (Hobby Lobby)


First I took the glass panels out of the frame and cleaned it with glass cleaner.  Once it was clean I placed my stencils where I wanted them.



Then I put the Armour Etch cream over the stencils. (tip - I found the best way to put the cream on was by putting on a vinyl glove and using my fingers).



After you put the cream on it is best that you turn your work to the opposite side and hold it up into the light to make sure that you covered the whole stencil.   Once you are sure it is totally covered wait five minutes and then rinse off the cream with water.  Pull up your stencil and place glass back into the frame.




I think it turned out pretty good.  I can't wait to go back to Target and get more frames.  The possibilities of what you can etch are endless.


Carrie


PS this was also posted on  Today's Creative Blog, Not Just a Housewife

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea...why didn't I think of it? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete