Monday, February 6, 2012

Owl Pillow

Hi everyone;

I'm just popping in with a little Valentine gift I made for my daughter today.  I would love to share with you how I made it,



Materials Needed

Fabric (Pink from JoAnn Fabrics)
Accent fabric (Had laying around the house from another project)
White felt
Black felt
Coordinating Thread


First of all I was inspired to do this project by watching a Youtube video made by diydish.com you can get the pattern here., however, as usually I have modified it. If you go to their blog you can down load the pin cushion pattern (I blew it up on my copier a little).

First I pinned the pattern to the fabric, then I cut it out the owl's body.  

Once that was done I continued by cutting out both of the owl's wings from the pattern.
I pinned it onto one of the accent fabric and cut it out.


I did the same with the beak and the eyes,

After sewing on the wings, beak, and eyes I pinned right sides together and sewed
the body of the owl together leaving bottom opened to turn right side out and to stuff
It's a simple and fun project to do

Happy Crafting

Carrie

PS:  This was posted to Today's Creative Blog and Not Just a Housewife, Tatertots and Jello

No comments:

Post a Comment