Monday, March 5, 2012

Simple Project - For Baby Shower


This past weekend I attended a baby shower.   This was the first shower that I ever could remember where the gift register was completely taken.  I mean there was nothing left to get on the list.  Every  item was taken.   Needless to say I began to sweat a little, what the heck was I going to do?   Then I remember a post on Pinterest a few months ago about these onsies with the months on them and I sighed a little breath of relief.


Materials Needed

Iron
Transfer iron-on paper
Onesie
Cameo Silhouette machine
Pattern Paper (for card)
Wilton Cake box


I bought these star shapes from the Silhouette on-line store and added the text (using the text tool on my Silhouette) for each month.  I printed them on my home printer onto iron-on transfer paper. Cut the shape out and ironed them onto the onesie.   I went to Joann Fabric and got the Wilton cake box to package them in.  This was such an easy project to do and I've been wanting to make these ever since I saw them posted on Pinterest.


Here are few more pictures.
I made the cute little onesie card (that says Sweet-Tee pie)  to go inside the package.  That image was also bought on the Silhouette on-line store.




This will be posted on  Today's Creative Blog and Not Just a Housewife

5 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie, those onsies look amazing. I love Pinterest don't you? I find it such a great starting point for when inspiration is needed xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorably cute! I've done the same thing, but with just plain iron on transfer patches from the notions section. I love the idea of personalizing them by month. Really, really cute! Any mom to be would be thrilled to receive these! (oh, and yes, pinterest absolutely rocks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie I've left you an award on my blog. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these too for my daughter's baby shower. They were a hit!

    xoxo
    Twentyfour7

    ReplyDelete